The global guerrilla underground is hard at work creating new tools. Here is a great one in process called I2P. It is being built by a ad hoc team of developers. I2P is software that creates an encrypted -- with an objective of military grade encryption like Skype -- P2P tunnel for anonymous:
- File transfer: file sharing.
- Browsing: you can browse any site through a proxy server. The proxy server and the site you are browsing doesn't know who you are.
- Site hosting: you can host an I2P site for anonymous I2P users. It can't be seen others or taken down using a denial of service attack.
- Chat: text chat like AIM or MSN.
- VoIP: voice communications.
I2P is basically a multi-purpose communications layer upon which applications ( for chat, VoIP, etc.) can be built. A network using this software would be extremely difficult to take down. Looks very interesting, will keep a close eye on this.