A big thank you to all the hundreds of thousands of readers of Global Guerrillas over the years!
The work being done here is a collaborative process. Through the course of millions of visits, tens of thousands of discussion comments, and over a thousand posts we are well on the way to:
- Developing a working theory for open source warfare -- a methodology of warfare whereby a bevy of small groups can take on larger foes and defeat them. This theory applies equally to non-violent and violent conflict and it is the first theory of warfare that takes into account today's unique environment (a connected world).
- Developing the model of resilient communities -- a methodology for societal resilience that allows participants to: not only avoid the deleterious effects of rapid change and systemic shocks, but enjoy a societal growth path that is scalable, equitable, meaningful, and evolutionarily superior to its competitors.
Here's what I am going to be working on over the next year. Your contributions, either intellectual via discussion items/e-mail/collaboration or financial (the TIP JAR, thanks!), will make the first two items possible:
- Keep working on open source warfare (Nature magazine's embrace of this form of warfare as a breakthrough in thinking, indicates that we are on the right track). More: Get Bill Lind publishing again and add more voices to the process.
- Get a book out on Resilient Communities (I think I finally have the right approach on this). Develop working prototypes of software that supports the development of resilient communities (depending on funding levels -- both external and self-funded by me). This spans: the application of gaming methods to systems as diverse as permaculture to real world economics to mesh/P2P networks to reputation/reward systems to tinkering networks for DIY everything. The objective is to build the start of a system that can help resilient communities grow/spread virally.
- Deliver a software system that enables dominance of the information terrain. My "software company" has developed a system to enable this and we are in the process of securing customers (currently, mostly DoD/gov't, although it is open to anyone that can buy it) for this system. If you have both the financial resources and a desire for dominance over the information terrain, buy this development path. It also has the beneficial effect of funding the above efforts.