Some random items of interest:
- Chinese labor unrest higher than normal. Raises of 20% were provided to resolve some early strikes -- potentially a plausible promise for national labor unrest.
- This enterprising Chinese farmer built a cannon tower to defend against encroachment by corrupt local "authorities."
- Hydroanarchy. Great term.
- Debtors prison returns to the US.
- The NYTimes slowly starts to report on the cover-up of the Gulf oil leak. This is proving to be a good early demonstration of what corporate governance will look like.
- Rogue super-empowerment: SocGen's Kerviel. He's the mid level trader that lost $7 billion. He's using the market derived morality (of those that have switched their primary loyalties to the global economic system) in his defense strategy: if you win, you are in the right; if you lose you are wrong and you're out.
- Collapsenet. Getting ready for the zombie apocalypse. ;->
- Vermont conference on slow money going on right now.