Like most, the nagging question I've been asking myself is "what next?" "What's the next shock going to be?"
- One that is extremely efficient at using inputs of mass, time, energy, space, and information while not losing an ability to think.
- one that can produce all of the diversity of things/services we currently produce merely through the exchange of information and raw materials, obviating the need for our grossly inefficient global middleware.
- one that is efficient enough to produce this diversity with only the energy actively produced by the sun/earth.
- one that requires little governance except at the periphery, eliminating the need for overly complex political and economic systems.
- one that stays connected to dynamically respond to rapidly changing circumstance -- parallel process decision making -- and learn at unprecedented rates.
- one that is, for all intents and purposes, immune to global shocks through scale invariance and decentralization.